Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Fear Not



Fear Not


I can't believe January is almost over. Time does seem to be speeding by, but still we're at the start of a new year. New beginnings, new promises, new goals: that's January. This year I've set a goal, too. Typing these words is just a small part of that. If you're reading this then you probably already know that I'm a writer. I've published one book so far and I am working on the second. My first book, The Valley Without Her, (you can find it here) was fun and easy to write. 
The, as yet untitled, book I'm working on now is not easy and not really much fun to write. But I'm done with whining and worrying and one of my main goals for this year is to finish my book. It will have a title and everything!
So a few weeks ago I wrote this post on my author page on facebook and I'm sharing it here. It's some accountability for me, yes, but maybe you're holding on to your security blanket, too and it will help you to know there's someone else out there who's scared to try.

 Last week my pastor spoke about facing our fears in 2016. He pointed out how Linus dropped his security blanket while quoting Luke 2 right at the moment he said "fear not". I was convicted. So I'll put down the blanket: I'm going to finish my story. I keep saying that I'm not as confident in this one. It's too short. People might hate it. People say they're going to read it but they never do and that's disappointing. These are all lame excuses that don't excuse me from anything. I don't want to be like the wicked servant Jesus talked about in His parable in the 18th chapter of Matthew. I don't want to bury my gift, even if it's small. Not for my readers, not for myself, but for Him I will face my fears and write the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment